30.3.06

The Offseason Kickoff

Well I hadn’t written for a little bit, and if it weren’t for Cutthroat Pirates, this blog would still be empty. So much has gone on since I had last written; the Steelers won the Super Bowl. That was nice; the first 6th seed to go to the Super Bowl, much less win it since the AFL—NFL merger. The patriots lost a couple players… well a lot of players. Edgerrin James leaves the Colts for the Cardinals. T.O. moves to the Cowboys, Bills look to trade Moulds, and plenty more.

I got an e-mail from Cutthroat Pirates the other day, and along with scolding me for not writing he mentioned that he is changing his website from just Pirates stuff, and is now going to encompass the entire NFL. (Click the link on the right side of the page to view his site.) That e-mail inspired me to not only to get of my fat ass and write, but also to change my site a bit. Now JD’s Chronicle is going to be more devoted to the Patriots. Don’t worry though, I wont’ go overboard. So in honor of the change, here is my first “Patriots Today” (and yesterday, and last week etc.)

Yes I know, bye bye Vinatieri, but I think that he deserves to get whatever he wants, even if that is in Indy. He won three Super Bowls off of the laces of his shoes, and for the love of God, he deserves the money the Colts have for him. That’s all I’ll say about that, and I’m moving on. David Givens is now gone, and I have to be totally honest, his departure is a little over due. He was over paid since the day he stepped on to Patriot’s turf, and his riddance will make room for us to sign better players. I briefly thought that Ty Law might consider coming back to the pats after a year away from home. I woke up the other day to the realization that he is only in it for the money. Now that the patriots have sold all their players for draft picks, and practically own the first round, I don’t suppose that they will be Super Bowl contending next year, but anything is possible. Also, rest in peace Tyrone Pool, Chad Brown, Ryan Krug, Willie McGinest, and Ross Tucker.

Now that wasn’t so bad was it? Next up is Edgerrin James. I’m not sure what to think about his departure from the Colts, other than that with out him, the Colts have that much more use for Vinatieri. Without James to take it out of the red zone and put it in the end zone, they will send a lot more soaring though the uprights. The Cardinals on the other hand, will definitely make more wins, but a playoff birth is still doubtful.

Terrell Owens, what am I going to do with you? The Cowboys might not see it, but I see though you just like every other team in the NFL did. You can play the innocent game all day, but when mid-season comes, and you are pointing fingers at Bledsoe, I won’t be surprised. On the other side however, Terrell Owens might find the ball coming his way a bit more while playing under the pass-heavy coaching of ‘Air Parcells’.

The NFL also looks to make it a lot more difficult for people like Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, and Terrell Owens to continue with their outrageous touchdown celebrations. The NFL has issued a fifteen-yard penalty enforced before the kick to any team that breaks the new touchdown regulations. Chad Johnson has responded with a claim that he has already, “Put together a committee that will find other creative ways to celebrate.” Also, the NFL has passed a new rule that will allow challenges on ‘down by contact’ plays. Kansas City proposed that two additional teams should be added to the current 12-team playoffs, but it doesn’t look like it will pass. Lastly, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have proposed that all penalties can be challengeable, but it was nearly unanimously turned down.

That’s all I’ve got to say, and hopefully I will be writing more in the future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cutthroat Pirates said...

Welcome Back JD, I miss your writings. Thanks for the comments about my blog. Your blog looks good my friend.

I am a little worried about what your Pats have done this off season. I think it might hurt them, but you still have one of the best coaches in the NFL, behind Coach Gruden of course.

Anyway nice to see you back.

2.4.06  
Blogger JD said...

What a relief it was to get this comment, I hadn't gotten but like 2 hits after I wrote that last post and I thought I had lost all my readers.

And yea, the pats are rebuilding like the cowboys tried to do and like the Broncos succeeded in doing. They do have and amazing number of draft picks, so give us some odd 2 or 3 years and we will be contending.

-JD

By the way, is there a name other than Cutthroat Pirates that I can refer to you by?

2.4.06  
Blogger The Armchair Quarterback said...

JD,
good to hear from you again. I have found it tough to write in the NFL offseason as well. Despite our obvious differences concerncing the Pats (you're a fan and I....ummm....well you know) I enjoy your stuff and will continue to check in.

3.4.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home