5.1.06

Postseason McFlurry

This post will be short and to the point, so I apologize for that beforehand. I am going on a trip to Vermont as of tomorrow and I hadn’t started to pack yet. As you can tell from the title, this article is about the upcoming playoffs. First game on the list: Cinci vs. Pittsburgh. I think that this will be a good game, and I highly recommend that you watch it, as it will probably be the game of the week. Either way, Pittsburgh hasn't been looking too hot recently; and by recently I mean this season; and because they are so bad in high-pressure situations (like last years postseason), I think that Cincinnati will win. Or rather Pittsburgh will lose.

Next up is New England, this game won't be one for the record books, but New England will have a win against Jacksonville. Then in the NFC, the Washington Tampa game will be good, but every time I bet against Washington they win, so here you go: Washington takes it. And the last game of the week, the New York Giants game against the Carolina Panthers. I know I'm going to make everyone around me mad about this one (seeing as I live in Carolina), but I'm going to pick New York for the win either way.

I'm looking far ahead now; this way if I’m right, I earn ultimate bragging rights,. Cincinnati is going to have to play Denver; which is also going to be an excellent game; but that’s what the playoffs are about right? Well this is a toughie and I’m going against my better will, but Denver judgment win it because not only is their defense better (in my eyes) but they have a guy named Ashley on their team. (That never gets old) Next is New England against Indy. Even though I am a strong Pats fan, as you know, I think it’s time I face the facts, so against my will I will say that Indy is going to take it.

On the other side of the league, I can't think of a good upset, I apologize, Washington will lose to Seattle, and New York will lose to Chicago. And when Chicago Plays Seattle in the next week Seattle will take it to go onto the Super Bowl, and play the winner of the Indy—Denver game. Now who wudda thunk it, but I choose Denver to beat Indy by a small margin, and go to the Super Bowl as well. Now here it is, the bottom line: Denver will win it even though Seattle has the better running game. I think Denver is a stronger team and a little more balanced than Seattle. It will be an epic battle of great proportions; but Denver will be the last man/team standing. Ok, that wasn't so short—sue me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cutthroat Pirates said...

Your bracket looks great, but one thing you got the Bucs losing. Don't count us out with the leagues number 2 defense.

6.1.06  
Blogger JD said...

Yea, I took that into account, and sorry about that, but i was correct so you'll have to forgive me.
-JD

8.1.06  
Blogger Cutthroat Pirates said...

Ok that sucks that you were right. Oh well we had a great year. Man you Pats look great, can you say repeat.

10.1.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home