8.1.06

The Eighth Wonder of Football

I got a whomping, one comment last week. Not that I don't appreciate that comment, but come on guys, you need to up your game. What am I supposed to write about without any comments or questions? Either way to help get some comments out of you guys, and because I'm tired as hell, I'm just going to write a short article asking you guys something for a change. Now I pretty much know everything about everything. As a matter of a fact I think I could be the smartest person in the world. So when I ask these questions I really know the answer I just won’t tell you. Ok I’m just kidding, I have no idea what the answer is. Well I’m done jabbering on, here are the questions.

Question One: Here is the situation, you just scored a TD, and it was a really nice one by the way—good work, and your going back onto the field to attempt the extra two points. However you have Kerry Collins is your quarterback and he throws another INT. The other team runs it all the way back and scores a TD. What happens? Is it no good? Is it 2 points? Is it seven? Tell me what you think.

Question Two: Ok your back down into your territory, attempting a 52-yard kick. You snap the ball and kick it, but as you kick it, it just nicks the other team's lineman. It goes all the way to the field goal and comes short by like a foot. Fortunately, you are so quick that you are already there and you jump up and knock it through the uprights before it hits the ground. Is it a field goal? What do you think?

Question Three: Your kicking the same field goal, except this time it hits the post of the field goal and bounces into the arms of someone on either team. Is the ball still fair? Who can receive it? I don't know, do you?

Ok, for God's sake, answer these questions so I don't have to come home to an empty blog at night.

12 Comments:

Blogger The Armchair Quarterback said...

The second scenario in fact happened to me one time. I jumped, did a Pele style backwards flip kick in the air and sent the ball through the uprights. It was so freaking awesome they had to count it. Rules can be bent. Just like reality. Great questions though. No idea on the official rulings concerning this stuff but now I'll be up all night thinking about this crap. Thanks a lot.

9.1.06  
Blogger JD said...

That's quite impressive; I just might be a little jealous, but no answers or theories on any of the questions? We need to work on that guys.
-JD

9.1.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a question for you,
why dont any of the teams pick pretty colors they are all dark colors and make me sad to watch? except the panthers who are purple i think thats a lil....different lol

10.1.06  
Blogger JD said...

Haha, I have a feeling that teams pick uniforms for primarily one reason--fans. When the team uniform is picked they try to pick a uniform that will most appeal to a crowd of men in their 20's. If their uniforms were pretty colors, I don't think they would be able to have the same fan base.
-JD

11.1.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o i guess ur rite but if they were wearin pink and lite green id watch it more and then all the fans would look cute

11.1.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ur questions are tough 1. idk i gues it depends 2. i think it would count a as a field goal
3. i dont think the ball should be fair but idk

11.1.06  
Blogger JD said...

Ok, here are my thoughts, these guesses are just as good as yours, except slightly better. (jk) I think the first situation should be a no good 2 pt. attempt, the second situation should be a field goal, and the last one should be no good as well. Also, Vince Wilfork looks like King Kong: http://graphics.boston.com/images/sports/patriots/2005/wilfork_laugh_800600.jpg
-JD

11.1.06  
Anonymous ananda said...

yo JD, well definatly on question 3 the ball is still fair and can be returned.course

12.1.06  
Anonymous ananda said...

we had an example of #3 in the san fransisco game when the ball was returned for like 104 yards or w/e

12.1.06  
Blogger JD said...

But in the san fran game, the ball never hit the field goal. What if it did?
-JD

12.1.06  
Blogger the ambassador of love said...

dude.

1. it's two points. if the ball is returned by the defensive team into their end zone, whether it's on a blocked kick or an interception or a fumble return, it is two points for the defending team.
2. doesn't count
3. once it hits part of the goalposts, it's not a live ball anymore

16.1.06  
Blogger JD said...

Sorry the ambassador of love, but i think you are wrong on the first one. It happened in a game yesterday and as soon as the defensive team recovered, it was a dead ball.
-JD

16.1.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home