15.12.05

The Patriots' Future

What’s in the future for the 3 time Super Bowl champions? When I got this question, I was baffled. I get this question all the time, but for some reason this time it really got to me. I might have said that they were on their way out, just as quick as Dallas did after their reign. I may have used their mounting injury list as an excuse, but I sat and revised this article enough times that I realized that there isn't a single answer to that question. What is going to happen to the Pats? I say they will always rein supreme, they lost their entire defensive line, but they still hold teams down in the red zone. They lost both defensive coaches, but Belichick caries the team on his shoulders, his quarterback gets injured in his throwing shoulder and his leg, but Sports Illustrated still gives him an award? So they lost 3 more games than they did last season. So they don't have Ty Law to save them on defense. So Vinatieri missed a few. I don't care.

Pats will still go all the way, and their injuries will just make them stronger. The Pats are one of the best clutch teams in the NFL and when you tell me that they won't make it in the post season I think back. I think back to when Adam Vinatieri kicked the most important and kick of his career, 3 times. I remember when the rookie out of Michigan carried a team, with an injured quarterback, to the Super Bowl, 3 times. I remember when the pats lost to the Stealers in the season, but held their head up high, because they knew that even though the Stealers had stopped their record-breaking 21 game winning streak (still the best today) they were the big dawgs. Now when Peyton Manning is attempting a perfect season, and I mean attempt, the pats look at him in pity because he lacks something the pats always had, the will to win.

The patriots have so many records, that Peyton Manning quivers in the shadows. Bill Belichick has won more Super Bowls than any other NFL coach. Ever. He also happens to have the best post season winning record. Ever. The Patriots are 41-5 since 2001 when they run down more of the clock than the other guys. And with their running back, Cory Dillon looking healthier than ever, stealing the clock just might be achievable. Now that winter is coming around, the Patriots’ short passing and running game will really pay off against the rude winds and chilling cold. Last week against Buffalo, six different receivers all got the ball at least 3 times. So what if New England doesn’t have big names like Edgerrin James, or Marvin Harrison, it’s hard to defend an offense when every single receiver has potential with the football, especially with Brown and Givens back in the lineup. New England is getting healthy and they have run out of excuses to loose, so they won’t.

The Patriots have a tough road ahead of them, but they always have. Everyone has lost confidence in them, but it only makes them stronger. So when you ask, “What is in the patriots future this post season?” I have to ask you, “Do you really still doubt them?”

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the patriots suck

17.12.05  
Blogger mrbandw said...

Nice post, but this Pats fan has never lost confidence in his team. I think they can win, every week :-)

AFC East Champs, 3 years straight. We're in the post season and it's a whole new ball of wax.

GO PATS

17.12.05  
Blogger JD said...

To anonymous: That was a very intelligent comment, however I would appreciate it if you backed up your statements with more substantial information.

To MrBandw: I have no doubt in the patriots, as a matter of a fact, I love to watch to patriots play and hope they go all the way this year. If that article was 'anti-patriots' by any means, I apologize. Also that Patriots game today was amazing; props to Bruschi.

17.12.05  
Blogger Cutthroat Pirates said...

JD, Nice blog on the Patriots. Well I agree with you about Teddy Bruschi, but not Chris Simms, he is young, and I agree experience will come with time, but he did not lose this game for us today. In fact with all that pressure, he never threw an interception. I really think our O-Line is what lost the game for us. I was surprised at how well your Def. played today. But not your Offense. I think you guys have one of the best Qb and coachs in this league. I just wish the Super Bowl patriots would not have shown up this week on my Bucs.

But I am a good sport, and I do like the Patriots so Congrats on your big win today. Maybe, just maybe we will see you again in the Big Game.

I will link to you site.

17.12.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur obsessssed.

18.12.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom brand has yeastinficton

15.4.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom brady has herpies yeast infection and is mentally retard

15.4.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom brady is a wife better and hangesout with that littie boy from home alone

15.4.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

peace out home dog jets rule and falcons rule im out

15.4.06  
Blogger JD said...

I see that I am still being assaulted by anonymous posters. I could just as easily delete your comment, however I am rather entertained. I'm not sure what incentive you have, or what sort of pleasure you obtain by attempting to put down one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league. However it could be because Chad Pennington tends to throw more INT’s than TD's or it could be because Michael Vick thinks that his legs can be an excuse for the lack of a good arm. Either way, why not take out your anger on teams that you can actually beat, like Carolina who last season, you beat for the first time in over 5 years, or the Bills who still remain ranked above the Jets in their division. Thanks for your consideration.
-JD

15.4.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home